> The one comment I would make is more in reply to James... we see
> relatively frequent questions asked about the status of the Struts
> taglibs, if they are going to be expanded, etc.  In fact, I think this
> very topic was just brought up this weekend on the dev list.  Yet, any
> time someone proposes changes or additions to the existing taglibs, it
> is nearly always met with the "let's do this as an extension" answer.
>
> I for one would be very much against any change that alters the current
> functionality.  Backwards compatibility is an important goal in my mind.
>   But, as far as additions go, I'd personally like to see more of an
> acceptance of doing those sorts of things.  There is something to be
> said for not letting the taglibs get bloated too, but the taglibs really
> have stagnated (or stabalized I suppose one could say :) ) and
> suggestions like these I think could open up the floodgates a bit, so to
> speak.
>
> Frank

As I'm currently working on some extensions on struts-tags, I would
appreciate if we'd had a list somewhere to put "needed
extensions" (maybe let the users vote for it?) so I can work through it.
The commiters still can decide whether to install the patch or put it in
an extensions package :-)

And yes, I fully agree with Frank, that the taglibs could use some more
engagement, so I'm trying to put it in :-)

best regards
Leon