Martin Cooper wrote:

If you have *only* the domain model on the server, you'd have to be making direct remote method calls to model objects from the browser. Don't you have a servlet in there, that processes and decodes incoming requests, dispatches to appropriate business objects, and then packages up the results in a suitable form for sending back to the browser?

Guilty!
I have a dispatcher (chain based). It selects a DAO, etc. and returns results.
But I hardly touch that, I only write DAOs.
OK, I get it.  A light dispatcher.

Can we add iBatis DAO to Ti (not iBatis Implemnation or SQL MAPs, just DAO). It would reduce # of user questions. Using iBatis DAO, people can implement the DAO anyway (or they could replace the iBatis DAO). For example, they could use iBatis DAO implementing EJB, or Hibrenate or what ever. I use it for Lucene. It moves up the yard sticks and stays light. It also helps in impleneting the Dispatcher. Ex: if a chain does not match name, then a DAO "name" is called.

thx,
.V

I'm sure you'd agree that
that code is not part of your domain model. In fact, it's really just MVC again, and the decoding, dispatching and serialising are all things that a framework like Struts Ti can provide you with.

--
thx,
.V

Broadband interface (RIA) + mail box safety = Roomity.com
<http://roomity.com/demo.jsp>
*Your* clubs, no sign up to read, ad supported; try broadband internet.

cell: 917 825 3035 in DFW
email: netsql at roomity.com