Just wanted to bounce an idea off of people.  We have our own custom
Dialog class that makes use of a "beforeStart" attribute.  Basically
there are certain steps we take before each dialog.  We can't really
reuse a state using XML entities because the "next" transition is
always different depending on the dialog.

So we have "beforeStart" which points to an "Import Wizard State."
That state is application specific and in our instance we use it to
load all of the javascript variables from the underlying page (the
page runs in a popup) into the #{dialog.data}.  I imagine that most
dialogs have some common data setup that they might need and this
helps solve that problem.  There is still a "start" attribute which
gets called after "beforeStart."

Maybe this is too specific to my situation but I thought I would throw
it out there.  It works well for us in our application.

sean