On 10/27/05, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have a dependency on a snapshot of Validator.  Is that okay for 1.3.0?
> (I thought there was at least a release candidate, if not a vote, on
> commons-dev.)

If a release is dependant on a beta, then the release itself must
remain a beta.

One very good reason for using the "release-and-grade" approach is
that if the validation release was later upgraded to "General
Availability" later, then we could also upgrade our release to GA (if
everything else is kosher).

But, I don't think anyone imagines that 1.3.0 would ever be marked
"GA" anyway, so, yes, a snapshot or RC would be OK  :)