On Tue, November 1, 2005 1:21 pm, Ted Husted said:
>> That still allows you to have true sub-projects like Struts Ti, Struts
>> I wasn't aware of the points you made about Validator Ted... are you
>> saying that the Commons Validator has been altered in such a way that it
>> can no longer be separated from Struts?  Or did I not understand your
>> comments?
>
> The Commons Validator *is* separate from Apache Struts, and having a
> separate "Struts Validator" subproject seems neither feasible nor
> desirable.

That's what I thought was the case, but what you wrote before confused me
(it doesn't take much, especially today).  No argument here... it's
already it's own project outside Struts, I certainly see no need for a
"Struts Validator" either.

> As it stands, we're trying to turn Tiles into something
> like the Commons Validator: a component that people can easily use in
> other products and frameworks.

Right, I was aware of that and definitely think it's a good idea.