Maven 1.0.2 was what I attempted to build with but nothing much
happened (no errors but site wasn't built either.)  I changed to
Maven2 and it downloaded all sort of dependencies for me automatically
(bunch of plugins.)  That must have done the trick b/c now when I
switch back to Maven 1.0.2 its building ok.  (Thank goodness I have
not lost mojo after all.)

sean