On 12/21/05, Patrick Lightbody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry, but I'm going to try to tweak this proposal with the hope that
> it makes this whole discussion even simpler:
>
> I propose we get rid of the name Ti entirely. Just as there is no such
> thing as a Struts framework (Struts Shale and Struts Action, right?),
> I propose that from this day forth we shun the name "Ti".
>
> Instead, we agree to make what was Struts Ti phase 1 effectively
> Struts Action 2.0. This is no different from what Don is suggesting.
> On top of that I recommend we agree that Struts Ti phase 2 (flow,
> annotation, Rails-style development, etc) be henceforth known as
> Struts Action 2.x. In short, we agree that we'll do it in a future 2.x
> release.
>
> It may be that some of these features, like other features of Struts
> Action 1.x (Tiles, Tags, etc) will eventually be rolled out in to
> their own project, but for now I propose we just agree to move forward
> on Struts Action 2.x and let natural selection take place as time goes
> on and spinoffs potentially take place.

+1 on this paragraph (and Don's #1 and #2), which I think Martin's agreeing
with as well.  The only possible difference between us I can see is whether
we keep the existing "Ti" sandbox project around for experimentation.  I
don't see any problem with that, *IF* we make it clear to the world what
Struts Action Framework 2.x actually is (the result of the merger), and that
Ti becomes no longer a proposal (in fact, we get to declare victory, because
the proposal is being accepted) -- and leave Ti to be a sandbox for ideas
that might be too radical for even the Action Framework 2.x folks :-).

Does that sound reasonable to you?

Patrick

Craig