I'm not advocating my off the cuff solution, which of course has drawbacks.
I'm just suggesting that we think about something along these lines. I
wouldn't mind seeing a less powerful interface, if you will, into dialogs
that requires no configuration.

btw, it seems to me that, to some degree, COC is usually a trade-off. You're
bound to loose some capabilities, but that's usually acceptable for the
return. For example, even with annotations over XML for defining managed
beans, you loose centralized configuration, but the return--getting rid of
the XML--seems to be worth that loss. At least until developers turn on
annotations the way they turned on XML. 8-}

Having said that, I think the Shale-tiger additions will be very well
received.

david

Off the top of my head, I don't see why we couldn't define dialog structure