At 7:39 AM -0500 3/27/06, Ted Husted wrote:
STATUS update
----

DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS - LICENSING

JSCalendar for the DatePicker tag
* Rene will contact author about license change
* There may also be a Dojo equivalent

Dojo has a date picker:
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_DatePicker.html

it is somewhat less fully featured than JSCalendar. I haven't used it in an app. JSCalendar has worked well for me in other apps, but I haven't gotten very deeply into how it works nor have I investigated integrating it with JSP tags.

FCKEditor for the Richtexteditor tag
* Is there a Dojo equivalent?

Dojo does have a rich text editor:
http://dojotoolkit.org/docs/rich_text.html
http://blog.dojotoolkit.org/2005/11/07/new-editor-widget-explained
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Editor.html

I've actually not yet had cause to apply a RTE in an application.

Walter Zorns tooltip library for all UI Tags
* Is there a Dojo equivalent?

I'm pretty sure there is not.

tabbedpane.vm Archived UI template
* Is this a server-side compoonent, or is there a Dojo equivalent?

I'm not sure what this is -- is it this?
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_TabPane.html

I've used Dojo tabs in an application satisfactorily. A rearchitecture of the implementation introduced some problems, so I forked the original implementation into my own widget package and soldiered on. I'm not enough of a JS/DHTML whiz to understand why my page looked wrong in the new tab implementation, but it was an awfully complicated page.

I wonder if there's a way to generalize an "API" out of these so that we are less bound to an implementation. Certainly, a date picker or rich text field which ultimately just ends up setting a value of a single form field should be not too hard to generalize, although I haven't looked at all the models for integrating JS widgets into a page neatly. I guess there are also issues of triggering the widgets, etc.

Hope this helps.
        Joe

--
Joe Germuska