Ted,
thanks for clearifying this...
Just removed the hibernate dep from ivy/pom. Hibernate was not used
within the codebase, only in the docs.
Do the docs need to be cleared as well from those deps (just the written
docs, not code samples)?

Has anyone yet talked to the JasperReports guy?
This would be a dependency really hard to replace...

cheers,
Rainer