I had very bad experiences with Dojo so far, and I brought this into
discussion on ww forums. I wouldn't encourage moving to Dojo, because the
browser support is still lacking, and from the feeling we got from their ml
some of the old browsers, that are still used (f.e. IE 5.5) will be  missing
in the next versions.

If you believe http://thecounter.com/stats/2006/March/browser.php, IE 5.5 only has 2% market share. I wouldn't blame a project for not spending a large amount of resources supporting that.

That said, I think we should try to keep the JS libraries as pluggable as possible. But maybe it's impossible to bundle valuable features and still do that -- I was really surprised at how many dependencies Webwork accepted, and I'm still trying to work out for myself whether that's better in the long run. I think the Struts community philosophy was very conservative about that, but it may do us well to challenge that philosophy.

Still, having roots in that philosophy, again my inclination is to try to be more library agnostic. Can that work?

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
[EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://blog.germuska.com