Jason Carreira wrote:
For example, the Messages object, rather than
leverage the familiar Log interface we all use every day. Messages are collected, much like logging messages and their levels are similar. Therefore,
we'd have:

msgs.info("some.key");
msgs.warn("some.warn.key");
msgs.error("some.error.key");

This conflicts with what you said about making the WebWork app
conversion time hours, since this would be a massive change touching
nearly every action.... Well, a lot of them, anyway ;-)

The whole Messages object is a new concept, so at this point, I'm just exploring ideas. I don't think anyone has a complete concept of what this new API will look like.

Personally, I find it useful to just brainstorm for a while, get a sense of the direction you want to go and the ideas you like, then sit back down and look at your core release principles and figure out what you can actually do and what will have to be deferred. We may create a Messages object, we may not, I don't know, but it is worthwhile, IMO, to explore its value and new ways it could be implemented.