So we've gone off on many tangents, but the core question remains unanswered.

What's the goal of SAF 2.0?

Are we looking to:

1) Clean up some of the more annoying points of WebWork and XWork but generally
have a backward compatible framework that WebWork users can easily jump on to
quickly

2) Take time to get things right, even if it means backward compatibility and
familiarity to WebWork users takes a hit and it takes the WebWork community
longer to migrate.

So which is it? I don't think the "let's do #1 then start working on #2" will
work, 'cause it's going to be very different APIs apparently.