On Wed, May 24, 2006 12:21 pm, Alexandru Popescu wrote:
> Frank you are absolutely correct about the description of how DWR
> works today. What I have done is exactly what you are thinking of:
> made DWR work through the normal WebWork chain. So, all incoming DWR
> requests are done to a single entry point that is than
> initializing/making the request pass through the WebWork normal chain.
> In this case there will be no security issue: you have the exact same
> options as for a normal request.

That sounds perfect! :)  So it sounds like you have a single class that is
executed by DWR, and which then makes an HTTP request to the appropriate
WW Action?  That's pretty much exactly what I had envisioned.

Now, if you generalize it just a bit, you could swap in a different class
that maybe created a SOAP message for example, and sends the request to
some external Web Service, and the beauty of it is that from Javascript,
the call is exactly the same.

Great work!  I hope you'll pass your work along to Joe Walker... I'd love
to see it in DWR, even outside this whole integration discussion.

> hth,
>
> ./alex

Frank