On 5/31/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Using "main" works for me if we want to go this way.

But, does "apps" really belong underneath "main" (I can see the logic on the
rest of them)?

It either goes there, or it gets its own trunk and a separate release
cycle.  I was already thinking that the Clay examples need to be split
out of use-cases and released with Clay, so that leaves just examples
that do go with the rest of the jars in 'main'.

And, do we really need this at all (versus shale/trunk/*)
given that you can "svn copy" a branch of, say, "shale/trunk/test" to
something like "shale/branches/test/1_2_3" at any time you want to do a
separate release of one component?

If we were going to do it manually, no it wouldn't matter.  But from
playing with the Maven Release Plugin a bit in the test repo with
Struts Action, it seems like the plugin expects the typical
project/trunk, project/tags structure.

Like most things, that's probably configurable, but it's easier if you
stick with the conventions.

--
Wendy