Ted, as I was afraid, you are unfortunately, interpretting wrongly my
message. RoR is not about dumb-distro, nor my intention/hope to have
something very simple in the Java world.

As for we can built different distributions and things like this: I
would definitely try to be objective: we are doing this for fun, so
why do you think I would like to make my life more complex? :-).

I think I've exposed my thoughts. From now on, I will listen the majority.

BR,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
---

On 6/21/06, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/21/06, Alexandru Popescu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you think this can be done with the big-package-solves-everything
> approach, than I am oke with it.

Hmmm, you can have both. If people are interested in RoR simplicity,
then why not create an Action-on-Rails distribution that configures
the framework to support one clearly-defined approach to web
development. The AoR distribution might only support one AJAX theme,
and one view technology. The distribution could also be bundled with a
particular data access technology, so that it would be the complete
package. Eventually, you could also bundle AoR with tweaked version of
Rainbow, Geronimo, Derby, and Eclipse, and have a single-stop-shop.

But, we don't need to dumb-down SAF2 to do that. We just need people
to document favorite ways of configuring SAF2, bundling it up as a
distribution, and then be willing to support the configuration.

Now, what if we want to have an Action-on-JSF distribution? What else
do we need to do to SAF2 so that it supports JSF as well as it
supports JSP and FreeMarkerr?