...we're dealing with the ramifications of dismantling Jakarta from years
ago.    I actually think that this situation would have never arose if
Struts and Shale were two sibling subprojects in a larger Jakarta project.
But, the Board spoke years ago, and umbrella projects were broken up because
of oversight concens.

This highly dormant non-member votes TLP for Shale.  This isn't meant as a
slight towards Craig, rather I think that separating Shale into separate
entity will help clarify the message of both Shale and SAF2.   Otherwise
every Shale page on the site is like an if/else clause  "Use SAF2 if you
like actions, but use shale if you...".   I take a look at the
db.apache.orgTLP, and I don't wish that fate upon Shale.

Shale should be a TLP, the Shale site should be self-hosting.   Struts is a
TLP, the Struts site should be self-hosting.  There is obviously a good deal
of exchange, but the frameworks "compete" (not my words).

On 6/21/06, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/21/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If that means a (hopefully amicable) divorce, then so be it.

If that's what the people working on Shale want, I doubt that the PMC
would oppose a change of venue.

If that is the case, then the next question would be whether Shale
would be a better fit as a top-level ASF project, a subproject of
MyFaces, or somewhere else entirely?