Some further reflections:

WW and SPR both use ThreadLocal to store the locale of the thread's request.
However, there still needs to be a shared object that can set/retrieve the
local across web frameworks.

So I 100% agree with the ThreadLocal use, but it is not directly relevant to my
question. That would be an implementation of the locale resolver, in which it
would expose the locale in the thread for a particular framework.

So if I am running with a local resolver whose implementation sets both
SAF/SAF2, it would set the appropriate values for each framework. Understand?
This is kind of complex for me to describe, but I hope the point is clear.

Paul

Hubert Rabago <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: It looks like it requires Java 5.  Has
there been a decision to move
SAF2 to Java 5?

Hubert