At 1:01 PM -0700 6/30/06, Paul Benedict wrote:
Joe,

First, thanks for pointing out cintoo. I looked at the source and it seems like it could be something s1/2 could share together. Are you interested in investigating this with me? Is anyone else?

that wasn't me :) I don't have a ton of spare time for investigation right now, and I'm inclined to follow Jason's idea that if WW2 has a good solution for this, there's no compelling reason to gut two frameworks just to change the messaging system.

Second, placing the logic in a SetLocale command is fine, but it would be nothing more than delegate to the real class which does the work. The getting/setting of the locale should be an independent class so that other implementations and adjunct frameworks and use it too. For instance, I ocassionaly consult with the user's Struts locale, if it exists, in non-struts tag libraries so that my code is not totally ignorant of frameworks. This is only possible because the retrieving of the locale is in a independent class: RequestUtils.

I blew past some of the details of your description. I see what you're getting at now.

Personally, I think using an interface is a cleaner design than depending upon reflection, but I wouldn't veto a reflection based solution.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
[EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://blog.germuska.com