On 10/14/06, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Other than a shiny new version number, what will this buy us? I don't have
any objections per se, but we should have good reasons for changing our
dependencies.

Whether Struts 2 works with Spring 2 is becoming a FAQ. It seems
easier to say that Struts 2 is backwardly compatiblity with Spring 1.x
than to explain that people tell us it is forwardly compatible with
Spring 2. As a group, we know it works well with Spring 1.x now, and
this would be an ideal time to make sure, as a group, that it works
with Spring 2.x too.

I don't know about anyone else, but at work, we make a point of
updating our dependencies to the best-available version as we ramp up
for a major release. We want to be current as we do the final
nit-picking acceptance tests, so that we don't get stuck with a
dependency on a stale version once we roll out.