--- Rene Gielen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> For now, and that's what I understood from
> Konstantins post, we would have to throw in some
> additional work to get a annotation+xd2 based
> generation up and running, while the apt based
> solution helps us to get a first shot very quickly.
> And, of course, apt gets us less dependencies at
> first.
Yep.   Using annotations in XD2 would require new
metadata provider, which has to be compatible with
qdox ( or not - because plugins depend on certain
metadata provider )

AFAIR, it has already been done by Brian Topping
in dentaku, where he pulls metadata out of .xmi

XD2 Itself is just a templating framework.

While you already got metadata parsing from annotaions
with apt,  you still have to come up with some
sane templating solution ( I would recommend jelly,
but velocity or freemarker will do )
to generate proper xml, and of course templates.

Thus fastest solution could be as well XD2, with "apt
metadata provider" and plugin utilizing this metadata
with template stolen from XD2 web plugiun.

> Konstatin, maybe we should talk about further
> reachable levels of perfection while having a drink
> or two in Antwerp - if I recall it right, you will
> attend the Javapolis + geek dinner too... :)

Yes, you are right.  I think I will travel by tryin
in eraly morning of 13th, so you may as well catch up
on board of this sleek fast white train as it hold in
Aachen ;)
( this is great place for discussions - no internet
around but pover outlets on every seat)

regards,

----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
Still using XDoclet 1.x?  XDoclet 2 is released and of production quality.
check it out: http://xdoclet.codehaus.org