I am willing and spending lots of my free time on Struts 2, XWork and
(still) WebWork 2.2.X. to bring this projects to high quality products as
lots of the other developers are doing, but I need more feedback to get
more of the envolved developers in. There are some open issues in Jira
where I call for feedback, but did not get any input.

My perspective is that we are creating and maintaining the framework
that we *want* to use to create our own applications. Experience has
proven that we can create a better framework by working together than
any of us can create working apart.

We work hard to make the framework accessible to other developers, in
the hope that some of those developers will join us. We distribute the
framework to the general public, but the general public is not our
customer. Our customers are the volunteers who contribute back to the
framework. The general public are prospective customers, some of which
become customers by working with other users on the mailing lists,
filing issues, submitting patches, and helping to make the framework
better.

We tag a build "General Availability" when we feel that the bits hold
no surprises and the product is ready for the general public to put
into production. Note that we don't mark it "final" or "stable", or in
any way say that we are done. We just say it's ready for public
consumption.

If we help people on the lists, if we apply patches that people
submit, if we invite contributors to join us, if we create a safe
place where people can discuss and improve the product, then quality
take cares if itself. And, best of all, we don't have to do all the
work ourselves.