I have been looking through the s2 maven archetypes, and would like to propose that we don't include resources that are at a package level (i.e. validation and conversion). The reason being that maven2 currently does not support this feature (see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-54), so for a groupId of "com.test" the directory structure becomes:

/src/main/java/com/test/HelloWorldAction
/src/main/resources/som/myComp/myApp/HelloWorldAction-validation.xml
/src/main/resources/som/myComp/myApp/IndexAction.properties
/src/main/resources/som/myComp/myApp/IndexAction-conversion.properties

I think having the resources in the wrong directory is more confusing that not having them. Once ARCHETYPE-54 is implemented we can go add them back in.

What does everyone think?

/Ian