There are a few ajax issues with their patches already on jira. They are all simple fixes and could be addressed on 2.0.6 instead of 2.1.

regards
musachy

Ted Husted wrote:
OK, I created a 2.0.x branch and I'm about to update the POMs. This
stuff is trivial to do, so if anyone is deadset against a branch now,
we can redo it easy enough later. Though, I'd be happy to ensure that
we backport relevant 2.1.x changes to 2.0.x, until we hit a 2.1.x GA.

I've silently bulk edited some 2.0.6 and 2.1.x issues into a lazy list
for 2.1.0. I don't have my heart set on any of these, so if anyone
wants to do some early or later, that's fine with me. I just wanted to
have some type of starting point.

* 2.0.6 TODO
** https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10763

* 2.1.0 TODO
** https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10766

As to 2.1.0 almost all of these deal with three key issues

* Dojo/Ajax plugin
* Portlet plugin
* Performance tweaks

Meanwhile, I would like to see an early 2.1.0 release, and a steady
march to GA there too. Now that we have a stable XWork 2 release
series, we should be rolling Struts GA releases too.

From another thread, it sounds like XWork is about to roll another
release. That being the case, I'd like to suggest 15 February for a
Struts 2.0.6 build. We've had a few changes already, and a XWork
release is cause enough unto itself.