Hi

I have setup a local developer environment for Struts2 and clover to report on
the unit tests.

When the unit tests are executed they are setup to only log at WARN level
(log4j.properties in core/test/resources folder). In clover there are some log
output at DEBUG level that are not tested and I changed the log4j.properties to
include this line:

# set to lowest debug level to also execute debug code during unit testing to
ensure it works also
log4j.logger.org.apache.struts2=TRACE

Now we have tests failing since some of the unit tests are using easymock or
jmock and the predictions are now screwed due a different log4j level.

What's the S2 developers point of view on this? Should we assume that debug
logging just works and thus run unit tests at current WARN level?

The current unit tests are failing since we are debugging some more info at
DEBUG level at thus calls some methods that jmock did not expect. My own point
is that the current unit tests are correct and that in an ideal world jmock
would not fail just because we log some debug information. But it would be nice
to run unit tests at TRACE level to run through all the code as possible.

[surefire] Running org.apache.struts2.portlet.PortletRequestMapTest
[surefire] Tests run: 6, Failures: 5, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,016 sec
<<<<<<<< FAILURE !!

org.jmock.core.DynamicMockError: testPut: no match found
Invoked: javax.portlet.PortletRequest.getParameterMap()
Allowed:
expected once: setAttribute( eq(<testAttribute>), eq(<testValue>) ), is void
expected once: getAttribute( eq(<testAttribute>) ), returns <testValue>

        at org.jmock.core.AbstractDynamicMock.mockInvocation(Unknown Source)
        at org.jmock.core.CoreMock.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at $Proxy34.getParameterMap(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.struts2.portlet.PortletRequestMap.<init>(PortletRequestMap.java:54)
        at
org.apache.struts2.portlet.PortletRequestMapTest.testPut(PortletRequestMapTest.java:64)