2007/4/22, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 4/22/07, Antonio Petrelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If all integrations were projects on themselves, this would not happen.
> This is due probably to the fact that Struts 2 did not use the Maven
> release plugin, and I think that we need to use it since it forces us
> to follow the correct way of doing releases.

In Struts 1, we tried breaking it down and giving each major artificat
its own release series, but people complained that it made the release
process too complex, and there would be too much bookkeeping in
keeping track of which plugin release went with which core release.

Did they use the Maven release plugin? We used at Tiles 2 and
everything is much easier. If it is a question of configuring the
poms, I can help.

If we had a line of volunteers eagerly waiting their turn to do a
release, it might be different. But, right now, we have almost no
volunteers willing to create releases, rightly or wrongly.

Probably because making releases is (or better "was") a painful
operation. What if with 2 mere commands you created a release?

Antonio