2007/4/23, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 4/23/07, Antonio Petrelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Probably because making releases is (or better "was") a painful
> operation. What if with 2 mere commands you created a release?

The Struts 2 process is documented here:

* http://struts.apache.org/2.0.6/docs/creating-and-signing-a-distribution.html

I wouldn't call it painful, but it still "stings" a bit.

I know Wendy has mentioned using the release plugin, but I'm not clear
on what changes that would make to the workflow.

AFAICT the only difference between this process and the release plugin
is that the lattern does not allow snapshot dependencies.

One missing step is that we aren't generating "docs" or "J4"
artifacts. I've been pulling them out of "-all" and zipping them up
nonindependent. The J4 artifact might be problematic since we also
need to run the backport utility, though I've heard there might be a
plugin for that too.

Do you mean the retrotranslator plugin?

We're in desperate need of more Struts 2 release managers. I'm swamped
this month, and I'll be very busy through the end of June. Unless
someone else steps up, I'm afraid the S2 releases will grind to a
halt.

Once Tiles 2.0.3 gets release I can help, is being a simple committer
enough to make releases?

Antonio