On 4/27/07, Philip Luppens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Would be useful, but limited to those who know/use WW, and I don't
think any of those three guys can make it to ApacheCon US.
A Struts 1 to Struts 2 topic, now thát's something entirely different
(damn, there goes my proposal).

Anyway, while I do applaud any attempt at getting more people to try
out S2, I'd like to see some more advanced topics like the talk Jason
gave at TSS 2005 [1].

I mean, for a somewhat intelligent developer, figuring out how S2
works, takes just a couple of minutes and one architectural overview.
They're probably already familiar with interceptors, actions and well,
results. Annotations, Ajax, etc .. is not that rare anymore in the
world of (java) web frameworks, and being able to build a blog from
scratch in 10 minutes is just .. well, not exciting anymore (note: I'm
not arguing about the usefulness - but that's information that I can
find on the web within 10 minutes, and not something I want to go to a
conference for).

I hope it are those intelligent developers we can win over, with
top-notch features, ease & speed of development, etc. They'll be
making the decision (or at least, that's what I hope) about what
framework to use for their next entreprise project. Leave the 10 min
blogs to the rails/PHP guys.

My 2 cents, not to be taken too seriously - it's friday after all,

Even if it is Friday, this is very well articulated :-).
Unfortunately, I must confess that I've rarely seen such sessions, and
this not because the presenter was not good enough but mainly because
a conference gather together people on different levels and you will
not like to loose the beginners. If you check the conference
programmes you'll notice that most of the topics are medium level, the
rest being beginner (and just a few advanced).

So, I guess for those top-notch developers we are left with the last
10-15 minutes opened for questions :-).

bests,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Phil

[1]
http://wiki.opensymphony.com/display/WW/Asynchronous+processing+with+WebWork+-+XWork

On 4/27/07, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One useful topic would be
>
> * WebWork 2 and Struts 2: What's the diff?
>
> If not for ApacheCon, then for the S2 docs :)
>
> -T.
>
> On 4/23/07, Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I was going to, but I couldn't think of a good topic,
> > and Mark already took the only one I had thought of :)
> >
> > I'm open to suggestions, though.
> >
> > Dave

iDTV System Engineer
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods