This is something I have been thinking about for a while, but has been
highlighted by Wicket recently graduating from the Apache Incubator.
When checking out blogs, newsgroups, theserverside, infoq etc it has
become apparent to me that Struts 2 is still very much thought of as
just Struts 1++, in a negative sense.  When you see posts by people
saying which web frameworks they have tried out because they were
unhappy with Struts 1 then Wicket, Click, Tapestry are mentioned. Struts
2, however, is always seemingly dismissed without a look, as they feel
all the problems they have with Struts 1 must still exist.  Of course
there is plently on info on the wiki detailing why they are different,
but if they have already crossed it off the list before getting to the
site it isn't much use in getting the message across.  I'm not really
sure what my point is as the name is the name now.  Maybe some positive
marketing such as some blog posting about the improvements and
differences, or in release annoucements really strongly detailing them.

What do you think about Struts 2 current image in the Java community?

Thanks,
Martin.