On 10/5/07, Jim Cushing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is only a voice of one, and a Struts 2 newcomer at that, but I
> use themes (and Freemarker) and think they're the greatest thing
> since sliced bread. What I like about them is that they can make
> "best practices" automatic. The built in themes sensibly assign IDs,
> associate labels with their respective form fields, produce good (X)
> HTML, etc. I've created my own theme that, among other things,
> automatically looks up a label (based on the field name) from the
> resource bundle, using the "label" parameter as a default value.
> Point is, it does/can produce the HTML that we wish the web designers
> would give us, but they don't.
>
> So, for what it's worth: +1 themes, +1 freemarker, -∞ JSP. :)

I don't think anyone has suggested getting rid of Themes or
Freemarker, just making them optional for the folks that don't
need/want them.  Right now, there's no way to use struts without
Freemarker, without writing your own tag library.  We're just
suggesting adding choice, not removing functionality.
  (*Chris*)