Ah, I see now.  It's probably just the way it's setup in the poms.
I'm assuming it was converted from another build system (ant perhaps)
which isn't the easiest thing to do sometimes.

If I get a chance I'll take a look at the poms and see if I see
anything that stands out and submit a patch.

You might consider throwing the problem (and/or the poms for
review/suggestions) to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  It's a fairly active
mailing list.  I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions (and maybe
some volunteers since there is probably a big overlap between maven
and struts users).