I believe if you add the following 2 configuration items to the
release plugin declaration in the <build><pluginManagement> section of
the parent pom, you should be able to use release:prepare and
release:perform

<preparationGoals>clean install site</preparationGoals>
<arguments>-P all,alljars,pre-assembly</arguments>