I'm pondering the "right" way to update the developer list in our master POM
for people who have gone emeritus. I can think of several options:

1) Prefix the role with "Emeritus", so "PMC Member" -> "Emeritus PMC Member"
and "Committer" -> "Emeritus Committer".

2) For a PMC member who has gone emeritus, switch back to "Committer", since
those people are technically still committers on the project. For a
committer who has gone emeritus, leave as is.

3) Remove the entries for developers who have gone emeritus, since they are
no longer active and therefore not part of the team that is currently
working on the project.

4) Do nothing. I don't think this makes sense, but I list it for the sake of
completeness.

I think #2 would be confusing to all involved, so I'm not in favour of that,
which leaves #1 and #3.

Initially, #3 made the most sense to me, since the POM reflects the ongoing
work of the project. All of our emeritus volunteers would still be listed on
the Volunteers page, but not on the Team list page. However, the wording on
the Team list page (http://struts.apache.org/team-list.html) generated from
the POM made me think again. It prefaces the team list itself with:

"The following is a list of developers with commit privileges that have
directly contributed to the project in one way or another"

Everyone who has gone emeritus still has commit privileges and they have all
clearly contributed to the project in the past. That suggests that our
emeritus folks should remain visible there, and therefore that we should
choose option #1 above.

Thoughts?

(And does anyone know if the developer list in the master POM gets used for
anything else, other than this team list page?)

--
Martin Cooper