To: "Struts Developers List" <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: Dojo plugin update using 1.1.0 framework

--- Al Sutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My main driver for doing the updates was to update the S2.1 code to bring
it inline with the latest version, but perhaps we should put our hands up
and
admit that S2's focus is not on Ajax UI widgets

Nobody has yet provided any information as to the potential cost of making
Dojo 1.0 work and nobody answered my question regarding what level of
functionality currently exists in the Dojo 1.0 plugin, so I'm pretty much
unable to come to any cogent conclusion.

If it came to a vote I'd probably say (a) leave the current Dojo plugin where it is, and (b) put any new tag plugins on Google Code (like my semi-dormant
jQuery plugin and others people are working on).

I don't know what the ASF policy is on "endorsing" particular code, but it
seems like if a new plugin got to the point of being usable it would be
simple enough to add a "we currently recommend using..." or "among the better
tag libraries are..." or whatever.

Dave