The only conflict between codebehind and convention is on the
UnknownHandler. If struts would support multiple UnknownHandler(s),
like it supports multiple PackageProvider(s), we wouldn't have a
problem at all, and they could be able to co-exist without knowing
anything about each other. Given a request and multiple
UnknownHandler, the first one that could return an action config would
be used.

musachy