[thread snip]

I looked through the code and it is fairly straightforward. There are
Components, Beans and freemarker files. I didn't notice anything overly complex
in the build process. It looks like Johannes used eclipse, but setup the
source tree just like any maven project (src/main/java, src/main/resources).
There are no unit tests that I saw, but I don't think this should block us
from bringing into the sandbox (if we do promote this to being part of
struts).

At this point, I think I am going to defer to Martin, as far as moving
forward. I think whichever way we go, I am going to volunteer to work on this.
If we bring it in to Apache, obviously I'll support it, but if we don't I will
probably start posting patches at Google Code. Personally, I'd rather see it
become part of Apache since it will gain more exposure (and transitively,
better support). I don't think it's a finished product, but it's much closer
than my plugin and will probably be easier to support than the existing ajax
plugin.

I'd like to hear back from Martin, or anyone else against adoption before I
start working on it. If we decide not to bring it in, I can respect that, but
if we do bring it in, the first thing will be to maven-ize it, and use the
struts2-plugin artifact as the parent, etc.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice