There's another classloading issue with the embeddedJsp plugin.

When deploying multiple webapps on the same tomcat server, both of which
utilize the embeddedJsp plugin. After loading embeddJsp pages in on web app,
attempting to load any embeddedJsp pages in the second webapp throws the
following exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.JspApplicationContextImpl cannot be cast
to org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.JspApplicationContextImpl

org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.JspApplicationContextImpl.getInstance(JspApplicationContextImpl.java:76)

org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.getJspApplicationContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:200)

org.apache.struts2.jsp.com.test.service.reporting.jsp.alert_jsp._jspInit(alert_jsp.java
from :31)
    org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:52)
    org.apache.struts2.JSPLoader.createServlet(JSPLoader.java:112)
    org.apache.struts2.JSPLoader.load(JSPLoader.java:90)
    org.apache.struts2.ServletCache$1.call(ServletCache.java:46)
    org.apache.struts2.ServletCache$1.call(ServletCache.java:44)
    java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
    java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
    org.apache.struts2.ServletCache.get(ServletCache.java:53)
    org.apache.struts2.JSPRuntime.handle(JSPRuntime.java:63)
    org.apache.struts2.JSPRuntime.handle(JSPRuntime.java:45)

org.apache.struts2.EmbeddedJSPResult.doExecute(EmbeddedJSPResult.java:32)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(StrutsResultSupport.java:186).

which is strange as i would have expected the JspApplicationContextImpl to
be loaded and isolated by each web-application class loader.

Also, subsequent attempts to load non-embedded jsp page then throw:

org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.JspApplicationContextImpl cannot be cast
to org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.JspApplicationContextImpl
at
org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.JspApplicationContextImpl.getInstance(JspApplicationContextImpl.java:76)
    at
org.apache.struts2.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.getJspApplicationContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:200)

- Eric