I am getting a different error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.LinkageError: Class
javax/el/ExpressionFactory violates loader constraints
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:275)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletDispatcherResult.doExecute(ServletDispatcherResult.java:154)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(StrutsResultSupport.java:186)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:362)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:266)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:165)

which looks even more weird. Here are the jars I have in web-inf/lib:

commons-el-1.0.jar
commons-fileupload-1.2.1.jar
commons-io-1.3.2.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
el-api-6.0.18.jar
freemarker-2.3.15.jar
ognl-2.7.3.jar
struts2-core-2.1.9-SNAPSHOT.jar
struts2-embeddedjsp-plugin-2.1.9-SNAPSHOT.jar
testjar-1.0.jar
xwork-core-2.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar

That's on a default installation of tomcat 6.0.20. Can you compare
that to your jars?

musachy