On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Lukasz Lenart
<lukasz.len...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Sixth days left and just one vote :-(
> Should I wait more (Christmas period) or should I suppose the vote pass?

You need a minimum of three PMC member votes in order for it to be
released from Apache.

I took a quick look and it seems that the staging repo contains more
than just the archetypes.  Can you clarify exactly what we're voting
on?

I spot checked one of the archetype directories, and there are no .asc
signatures:
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.8.1/m2-staging-repository/org/apache/struts/struts2-archetype-convention/2.1.8.1/

(compare to:
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.8.1/m2-staging-repository/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.8.1/
)

The signature files should have been created during the release
process, and they are required.  If you still have the files locally
on a secure machine, you can sign those and then upload the
signatures, but it's somewhat tedious to do by hand.

Also, we probably need to come up with some sort of "distribution" for
these that can go in www.apache.org/dist/struts and on the mirrors.
This was discussed at length elsewhere, I'll have to find it in the
archives, but the upshot is that releasing only to the Maven repo is
frowned upon.

--
Wendy