If no one objects, i can take a stab at taking care of this tonight...

I haven't looked much at Martin's check-in, but we only need to port
the xwork-core artifact... So, my plan would be to copy the source to
the struts2 folder as a first-class sub-project (adding it to the
modules section of the struts2 parent pom). Then, if that build works
out, the next check-ins can be renaming / refactoring of classes, etc.
But, if xwork-core is placed in the struts2 folder, alongside
struts2-core, struts2-plugins, etc., then, if nothing else, it will
make releasing easier. I'd imagine that refactoring class and package
names will be a bit troublesome. Although the IDE can handle most of
it for us, the trick isn't the easy stuff, the trick is finding the
classes that are no longer necessary and/or duplicated between
codebases.

Thoughts?

-Wes

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are we going to rename the maven artifact names and package names for 2.2?
>
> musachy
>
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I recommend we immediately SVN tag or branch the initial check in so
>>> it can be refactored appropriately.
>>
>> I'm not sure I see a need to do that, given that we can create a tag
>> or branch from a specific revision at any time. However, if you feel
>> the need, you're welcome to do that.
>>
>> --
>> Martin Cooper
>>

>>> Paul