Christian,

great and comprehensive writeup. Which brings me to what is really good
about not being the first time mover - being able to profit from other's
experiences.

A nice glance into some Git-related discussions over at Incubator:
http://markmail.org/message/6f7l3fjksjeem6li

Wicket has fully moved to Git, we might want to peek a bit:
http://markmail.org/message/5rnmtklofv2w7lsv
http://markmail.org/message/6f7l3fjksjeem6li
https://wicket.apache.org/contribute/release.html

Maven obviously had a bit more to plan...
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/git-migration.html

Cloudstack was the prototype project for Git@Apache
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/git.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/working-with-cloudstack-code.html

- René

Am 06.12.12 11:53, schrieb Christian Grobmeier:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> 2012/12/6 Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>:
>>> Would be glad to look at your repos on github.
>>>
>>> One question: are we going to fix issues in Struts 2.x on SVN or are
>>> we going to have everything on GIT then?
>>> In the git-brnaching-model link I see one development branch. I think
>>> we would need a develop2x, develop3x etc branches, right?
>>
>> I thought to leave S2 on SVN and only support it in case of security
>> fixes and really important (performance) fixes, on Git just have S3
>
> Works for me. Its much safer until we all have the necessary
> experience and a workflow has become natural.
>
> We can incoperate fixes from S2 (svn) into S3 (git). I once wrote
> something in that direction for Apache Logging:
> http://wiki.apache.org/logging/UsingGitWithLogging
>
> I took changes from GIT and pushed it to SVN
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>

>> Regards
>> --