I have no problem with dropping support for S1. :-)

Question on the fourth version point: I don't think the four points plays
all that nicely with maven. They are strictly 3 with anything else being a
lexicographic ordering. I know we created the 4th point for emergency patch
releases, but in practice, how is it any different than an emergency
maintenance release? I don't see a need for the 4th specifier anymore.

Paul