Can you explain to me why any EL needs to be in the struts.xml? I
understand how it's nice to pick up variable names for parameters, but
that's probably all OGNL should do -- and to be honest, you don't need OGNL
for that. Even the simplistic Commons BeanUtils can pull out values from
${...} expressions.

--
Cheers,
Paul