> Finally struts-archive was migrated to Git [1] so I can kicking out
> deprecated plugins and start cleaning up the code [2]
>
> [1] https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=struts-archive.git;a=tree
> [2]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+Next#StrutsNext-M1(akaStruts2.5)

Before I will start working on 2.5 I would like throw away GitFlow -
it simple doesn't work for the project, to point just few issues:
- dedicated develop and bunch of feature branches which are replicated
all over the world and scatter other's repos [1]
- Maven does tagging which means I always have to remember to use -n
flag to avoid tagging by GitFlow
- Maven introduces next development cycle which means I always must
manually update version in master branch and resolve bunch of
conflicts in poms
- etc

My idea is to have only master branch in Apache Git and use GitHub for
large work, so committers can always directly push changes to master
(we use tags to keep track on versions). If you are going to work on
something bigger you can create local branch or clone Struts via GH
and work on your own clone there. Next you can prepare a PR which will
be directly merged into master. So Git repo will always contain just
one branch which will reduce number of branches scattered over the
world. And as we use Maven to release new versions, it will be
possible to release directly from master branch - no need to update
versions and resolve conflicts.

All this is based on my over year of experience with using GitFlow in
Struts. If there be no objections, in 72h - assuming silence
consensus, I will drop GitFlow support.

[1] my local list of branches
* develop
  feature/WW-4176-support-string-keys-in-json
  feature/locale-aware-converters
  master
  remotes/aleksandr-m/develop
  remotes/aleksandr-m/feature/exclude-object-class
  remotes/aleksandr-m/feature/http-interceptor
  remotes/aleksandr-m/feature/preselect-optgroup
  remotes/aleksandr-m/feature/remove-html5-deprecations
  remotes/aleksandr-m/feature/use-js-to-support-multiple-buttons
  remotes/aleksandr-m/feature/visitor-validator-full-field-name
  remotes/aleksandr-m/master
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  remotes/origin/develop
  remotes/origin/feature/locale-aware-converters
  remotes/origin/master

Regards
--
Ɓukasz