czw., 14 kwi 2022 o 09:26 Greg Huber <gregh3...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Lucky struts never went down this path.
>
> Is the Struts Annotations freemarker based?

No, it just uses two templates to generate html description files, the
core is pure annotation based. I migrated it from APT to pure
annotation processing sometime ago.

> The POM uses the maven-compiler-plugin and No maven-javadoc-plugin??

Not sure what you mean by that? You just need to add this dependency
into your pom and the annotation processor will be picked up by JDK
automatically.

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
    <artifactId>struts-annotations</artifactId>
    <scope>compile</scope>
    <optional>true</optional>
</dependency>

and you must pass configuration options:

<configuration>
    <compilerArgs>
        <arg>-Auri=/struts-tags</arg>
        <arg>-AtlibVersion=${tlib.version}</arg>
        <arg>-AjspVersion=2.0</arg>
        <arg>-AshortName=s</arg>
        <arg>-AdisplayName=Struts Tags</arg>
        <arg>-AoutFile=${basedir}/target/classes/META-INF/struts-tags.tld</arg>
        <arg>-Adescription="To make it easier to access dynamic data;
            the Apache Struts framework includes a library of custom tags.
            The tags interact with the framework's validation and
            internationalization features;
            to ensure that input is correct and output is localized.
            The Struts Tags can be used with JSP FreeMarker or Velocity."</arg>
        <arg>-AoutTemplatesDir=${basedir}/src/site/resources/tags</arg>
    </compilerArgs>
</configuration>

Regards
--