On 17.08.2010 22:45, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
On 08/17/2010 01:42 PM, Stefan Küng wrote:
Maybe I don't understand that change:
--depth specifies a depth to use for the command. If I want the command
to use the depth of the working copy, I specify an unknown depth or none
at all. But if I specify a depth, I would assume the command to respect
that depth and return the info with that depth.
So why should the -u flag not use the specified depth?

--depth is a filtering option -- it can only reduce the scope of an
operation, it can not expand it.

Bert sez he'll make the behavior optional in the API call so you can make
use of it.  We won't expose it at all in the 'svn' command-line client, but
TortoiseSVN can get its behavior back.  Sound good?

Sounds good, yes.

I think I got confused a little bit: the API for svn_client_status() only has a depth param. and svn_client_update has a depth param and a flag 'depth_is_sticky', so there's no two depth params as in the CL - one for filtering and one for setting.

Would the svn_client_status3 API get another depth param for this? Or a flag to allow a depth deeper than the depth of the WC?

Stefan

--
       ___
  oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"