Johan Corveleyn wrote:
Hi,

I've taken the performance branch for a spin. Some of performance
increases are awesome (svn log is ~4 times faster on my machine
(tested with a file with 300 revisions)).
Try playing with the -c, -F and -M parameters. They should
yield result in even better performance. With sufficient memory
allotted to the server process, second runs of "svn log", for
instance, will be10x faster than the first run
However, I also experienced a crash of svnserve, for both "svn log"
and "svn blame" of a big file with >2000 revisions (so this is quite
an extreme case). See both .log files in attachment. Something goes
wrong in svn_fs_fs__id_deserialize, during processing of
fs_history_prev.
Hm, I couldn't reproduce that problem so far even with large
repositories. Could you rerun your tests in debug mode?
The stack trace should be more reliable then (e.g. "data_len"
on level #3 is either bogus or the reason for the crash).
I also have crash dump files of the crashes. If you want those, let me
know and I'll send them via private email.

This was on Windows XP, a release build with VCE 2008.
Since I don't have the same binaries and PDB files that you used,
the crash dumps will probably not tell me much more than the
text files that you posted.

Thanks for testing!

-- Stefan^2.