On 11/30/12 00:55, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Ben Reser<b...@reser.org>:
The only thing that's really lacking here is a good way to pass along
extra property values in an easy to configure way per
server/repository so that you can use a client defined value to put it
in svn:author.  I don't really see adding support for something like
that as terribly difficult.  The only caveat I would make is that you
should realize the change here is a client side change and that it'll
take some time for users to upgrade clients (most distros are still
shipping SVN 1.6 over a year after 1.7 released).

Once you have something like that, you can expose it to the hook
scripts and they can change the svn:author field to whatever the local
repository prefers.  If local repositories want to store the local
authenticated user in a different property they can also do this.

Sounds like I should write that patch to make a preferred-ID string
available out of ~/.subversion/config, then.  As soon as possible.

I wanted to reply that this should go into ~/.subversion/servers. But i found the entry "username" in there. So just add a username entry to the global section.

HTH,
Martin