On 6/27/2016 1:57 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com <mailto:gst...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Stefan <luke1...@posteo.de
    <mailto:luke1...@posteo.de>> wrote:

        And now I also remember and realize that these removed symbols
        were
        actually private ones never intended to be exported (aka:
        double _ in
        the name).

To be clear: they WERE intended to be exported, so other svn libraries could use them. We have hundreds of such functions.

Yeah I must have misremembered something here. I also didn't want to suggest that this would violate the ABI compatibility (as you state they were private symbols and therefore not covered by the ABI guarantee). I just misremembered the reasoning why they were added and then removed (guess I just remember some discussion related to the clean up of symbols prior to the 1.7 or 1.8 release which is completely independent from these symbols).

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett