On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 08:25:26AM +0100, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
> [...]
> >             at
> > java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> >             at org.apache.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:119)
> >
> >     FAILURES!!!
> >     Tests run: 147,  Failures: 1,  Errors: 0
> >
> > On most of those, we're also getting these warnings:
> >
> >     OpenJDK 64-Bit Zero VM warning: You have loaded library
> > subversion-1.14.1/BUILD/subversion/bindings/javahl/native/.libs/libsvnjavahl-1.so.0.0.0
> >  which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack
> > guard now.
> >     It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c
> > <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
> >     .........................WARNING in native method: JNI call made
> > without checking exceptions when required to from CallVoidMethodV
> >             at java.lang.Object.getClass(java.base@11.0.10/Native Method)
> >             at
> > java.util.ArrayList.equals(java.base@11.0.10/ArrayList.java:560)
> >             at
> > org.apache.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testBasicChangelist(BasicTests.java:2626)
> >             at
> > jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(java.base@11.0.10/Native
> >  Method)
> >             at
> > jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(java.base@11.0.10/NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
> >             at
> > jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(java.base@11.0.10/DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> >             at
> > java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.base@11.0.10/Method.java:566)
> >             at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:177)
> >             at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:142)
> >             at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:122)
> >             at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:142)
> >             at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:125)
> >             at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:130)
> >             at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:241)
> >             at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:236)
> >             at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:241)
> >             at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:236)
> >             at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:116)
> >             at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:109)
> >             at junit.textui.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:77)
> >             at org.apache.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:119)
> >
> > If I re-run the tests without clearing out
> > <builddir>/subversion/bindings/javahl/test-work, then the test passes.
> > Hopefully that helps provide some insight.
> >
> > I can run tests as needed on Debian's porterboxes.
>
> [ cc += Alexandr Miloslavkiy, as he wrote those new tests ]
>
> Thanks for reporting these, James.
>
> Which JDK version is this? Or is it different on the different architectures?

This is OpenJDK 11.0.10.

> Did you also test 1.14.0 previously with the same JDK, and you didn't
> see those warnings then?

The initial 1.14.0 upload was built with OpenJDK 11.0.7 and it also
showed the warnings.  I just didn't notice at the time, since it
successfully built. :)

The warning is from a separate, existing test, so I should have
separated that from the actual test failure.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/91BF BF4D 6956 BD5D F7B7  2D23 DFE6 91AE 331B A3DB